We at Gappt Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with number 07854602 whose registered office is at
St John’s Court, Wiltell Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9DS (“we” or “us”), are committed to protecting
about you when you use this website and our wider services.
In this policy the Data Controller, who is the person or organisation that determines the purposes for which and
the manner in which any personal data is processed, is us, Gappt Limited, of St John’s Court, Wiltell Road,
Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9DS.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email email@example.com.
1. Information we may collect from you and how we do it
We collect information about you when you:
- visit our website and provide us information by filling out forms on our website (but only using our ‘late
booking’ functionality) or through this application (collectively referred to as “our Site”). This includes
information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, posting material, requesting services or
ordering goods and services;
- if you enter a competition or promotion, or report a problem with our Site or contact us with any other
questions or comments;
- if you complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- carry out a transaction through our Site and when we fulfil your orders;
- visit our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication
data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information about your device(s) through which you access our Site, including where available your IP
address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information
for our internal usage and to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions
and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- In the course of making a booking, you might voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data if relevant
to the service that you are requesting.
Our legal basis for processing your data is therefore in accordance with any contracts we have in place and also
for the purposes of our legitimate interests in delivering our products and services to you.
We may also keep information contained in any correspondence you may have with us by telephone, post, email or
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour
information. This information is then used to track visitor use of the website and to create statistical reports
on website activity. For further information please see our Cookie
You can set your browser not to accept cookies but this may cause problems with the functionality of the on-line
booking system as a result.
3. Other Websites
4. Use of your information and disclosure
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and to carry out our
obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you of new appointments or other availability in accordance with your settings and preferences in
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented and functions in the most effective manner for the device
and software that you use to access our Site;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service and manage our relationships with you (for example customer
When you make a booking or buy services or products using the application, by necessity we have to pass the
information you have submitted to us to the relevant business, in order for them to act on your booking enquiry
or purchase. We make sure that those businesses are aware that they must handle your information in accordance
In addition, our work for you may require us to pass your information to companies within our group, to our
third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations solely for the purposes
of fulfilling your order and providing our services to you. In those instances, we will only provide the
personal information necessary to deliver our services and we require those third parties to keep secure your
information so that they may not use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
In particular, in the course of providing our services to you, we may forward your personal information to:
- Any third party contractors/service providers (including their sub-contractors) on the understanding they
keep the information confidential. These include, but are not limited to, any third parties that enable us
to fulfil your order, process information on our behalf (e.g. hosting our Site), provide support services
and payment processing providers;
- Any professional advisers that provide a service to us or act as our agents, on the understanding they keep
the information confidential;
- Credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to
pursue debtors, on the understanding they keep the information confidential;
- Insurance companies or regulatory authorities so as to comply with any legal and regulatory issues and
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request if we have a duty to do so
or if the law allows us to do so;
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the
prospective buyer of such business or assets, but only if binding non-disclosure agreements have been
entered into first and we are satisfied that the information will be held confidentially by the receiving
We impose controls on our suppliers to ensure that they only use your information as necessary to perform their
We will only use your information subject to your instructions, data protection law and our duty of
confidentiality. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of our
group of companies.
We would like to send you information about services and products of ours which may be of interest to you. If you
have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to
other members of our group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Access to your information, correction and deletion – your rights
Under data protection laws you have certain rights, which we set out below.
You have the right to be informed about the information we are processing. You can also request a copy of the
information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please
email email@example.com or write to us at the following address: St
John’s Court, Wiltell Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9DS.
We shall respond promptly to any such request and in any event, within one month from the point of receiving the
request and all necessary information from you. Only in certain (very limited) circumstances, will we may make a
small charge for this service. Our formal response will include details of the personal data we hold about you,
including the following:
- Sources from which we acquired the information;
- The purposes for processing; and
- The persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove
without delay any information about you that you think is inaccurate by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at: St John’s Court, Wiltell
Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9DS.
You also have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal information.
You have the right to seek a restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Further, you have the right to lodge an objection if you feel that one of the grounds relating to your
particular situation apply. When you exercise your right to object, we must stop any processing unless we can
show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the
processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Should you wish for us to completely delete all information that we hold about you, you should please contact the
Data Protection Office, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
7. How long will we hold your data for?
We only hold your data for as long as necessary to deliver your goods or administer your account and therefore
fulfil our services to you, taking into account our need to meet any legal, statutory and regulatory obligations
with which we are bound to comply.
You will have the opportunity to opt out or update or delete your data at any point should you need to do so and
details are set out in this policy as to how to achieve this.
Our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis and we will dispose of personal
data which we no longer require.
8. Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you give to us may be
transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. For example, some of our third-party providers may
be located outside of the EEA. Where this is the case we will take steps to make sure the party receiving the
data agrees to provide the same or similar protection that we do and that the information they receive is used
only in accordance with our instructions. By submitting your data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EU to give
you with those services.
you have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory
authority will then inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. The supervisory authority in the
UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
policy was last updated on October 2018.
11. How to contact us
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or write to us at: St John’s Court, Wiltell Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9DS.